Thursday 15 November 2018

'Johnson Polish'es his Team

Solihull F faced the might of Kenilworth D last night. As I write I await a game report on his win from first to finish on bottom board Matt. Watch this space.

My game  on board one was a fairly straightforward one helped with the classic 1.d4 d5, 2.c4 Nf6, 3.pxp Nxp, 4.e4 Nf6 giving me a massive space advantage and control of the centre. Pile up down the c-file and a minority attack was then the simple plan. However, Black overlooked some tactical nuances and after my central push Black's position collapsed.

Last to finish, on board two was William, who writes " The match started with my standard d4 e6 and just after four moves our queens were off the board. Due to my lack of development my opponent gained an advantage in the middle game. I was, however, able to turn this around and my opponent fell for a trap which led to the loss of his bishop for a pawn. Poor play on his behalf allowed me to claim another piece and he was unable to stop my pawn due to a nice knight sac'.

Excellent team selection by non-playing Mike - it is three clubs? - Johnson. Well done Mike.

Final result 0-3.

No comments:

Post a Comment