Monday 3 December 2018

Find Another Place

Hi All,


As many of you know, my first book Find Another Place, was published earlier in the year. I always wanted to write and in the end I ran out of excuses not to try. The experience has been amazing. While not a chess book, Find Another Place, does have a lot of chess in it. There was a nice feature in Chess magazine back in the summer and there have been good reviews in a number of other outlets.


I love writing almost as much as I hate marketing, but one of the hardest challenges writers face, is actually selling enough copies... So this is a one time plug. If you or anyone you know, might be interested, it takes one click to buy a copy on Amazon (or book shops will order it in.) It could also make a Christmas present for someone perhaps? I personally make very little from the sales, but they really help in terms of building a platform for future work. So if you are able to get one, I am hugely grateful to you. Right that's my marketing capacity exhausted!


Just to also let you know, I am working on my second book, The Greenbecker Gambit, which will be published (most likely) in 2020. This really will be a chess novel - Tennessee Greenbecker was once one of the greatest chess players in the world. Now he lives in penury in London, remembering his glory days and plotting a comeback. Yet, as the story unfolds, the question arises as to whether he is really who he claims to be... The book is all about how we make sense of the world around us and the life we happen to find ourselves in. I'll keep you posted on progress...


Thanks to everyone who has been so encouraging this year, your kind words and support mean a lot to me.


Thanks


Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment