Wednesday 24 April 2019

A win's a win!

After much delay, here is a report on the game last week - Solihull E versus Kenilworth D.
Chris, White, playing Penny Wood on board three, was first to finish.  Fairly quickly Chris seemed to get his king into a horrendous position with a king on g3 and pieces a plenty crushed around his king and well advanced pawns in front of the king position. The saving grace was a zig-zag of pawns across the boards so  that Penny could not break through. Drawn offered by Chris and accepted.
William opened with something weird and a position arose that I could not understand (nothing unusual there then!) A very 'dynamic' position with Bishop and two (William) versus Rook slowly sank into the mud, everything seemed to slow down and a draw was agreed.
I was playing Paul Silverman in a Slav which seemed to go OK if unspectacular. The battle resolved around my attempt to swop my Knight for his Bishop, which I achieved. There followed a very interesting endgame (at my level) of a Bishop and Knight (me) versus two Knights (Paul) which I think Paul will be using in his coaching with the kids. I won this struggle after a poor move by Black allowed full rein to my Bishop. Black resigned before I promoted.
Final score 1:2
A while back Joshua showed me how to post a game. So I am going to have a go with my game. With any luck it will appear shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment