This policy explains when, how, and why we collect personal data about people.
Who we are
Kenilworth Chess Club is a chess club currently playing competitively at The Abbey Club, 4 Abbey Hill, Kenilworth CV8 1LW and socially at The Gauntlet, 3 Caesar Road, Kenilworth CV8 1DP.
How we collect your information
The only information we obtain about our members is provided by them directly. We do not collect personal data simply as a result of a person visiting our website.
How your information is used
The personal data we obtain is applied for the following purposes, namely to:
- Obtain payment of membership fees to fund the operation of the Club.
- Identify members on the English Chess Federation (ECF) Website.
- Submit details to the ECF to enrol Kenilworth Chess Club members as ECF members.
- Register members to play for Kenilworth Chess Club in those competitions which the Club enters.
- Submit results of matches played to the ECF for grading purposes or to other organisations running competitions in which Kenilworth Chess Club participates.
- Communicating with members for the purposes of running the chess club, including selecting and organising teams and other chess and social events.
We will hold personal data for as long as a person is a member and for a reasonable time afterwards.
This data is held pursuant to the legitimate interests of Kenilworth Chess Club which is the basis on which your data as set out is processed.
Who can access information
Unless required by law, we do not sell, rent or otherwise share personal data with other third parties.
Members can ask for a copy of the data we hold about them. If a member provides information about another person, it is their responsibility to ensure that the other person has given their explicit consent to the processing of their personal data.
Should you have any unresolved complaints about the way we process your personal data, you have the right to make a formal complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
Links to other websites
Review of this policy
If you have any questions about this policy, please contact Mark Page by e-mail at email@example.com