Sunday 31 December 2023

Game of the Month - December 2023

I'm thinking of re-titling this series to Game of the Year, so infrequent have they become, but who knows - maybe my new year's resolution for 2024 will be to be more diligent in continuing these articles?  (Hint: it won't be!) Once again, to make up for the long interval between instalments (by which time I've forgotten how to get the game viewer to work, and have to relearn it all over again), there are two games for your entertainment. And mighty good games they are two, as a pair of International Masters get put to the sword by two of Kenilworth's finest - with just the eight and a half years between the two games. Neither played for KCC teams unfortunately, but Warwickshire Select will do just fine for me, given I captain that lot too!

Besides the result and the quality of the opposition, what these two games have in common to my eyes is that they are both played entirely on the front foot, with a total refusal to take a step backwards - despite the strength of the opposition. I just hope a little of this single-minded focus and aggression can rub off on me!

Anyway, here are two tremendous games gthat reflect bgreat credit on both victors. And while we are all only too well aware of Jude's prowess, its good to be reminded that Paul was also a pretty useful player once upon a time! Will we ever see those days again, I wonder?!



No comments:

Post a Comment