Tuesday 12 March 2019

Pre-Match Build Up - 'Come On Ken D'

Tonight, Kenilworth D play Stratford  C in a chess match. Mike J  - who is on hols - has  delegated the awesome responsibility of team selection to myself! I have selected from the crème de la crème and we are: Board One - Roy Watson, Board Two - Chris Aldridge (back from injury) and board Three Steve Payne. (I made up the 'back from  injury' bit for effect). 'How can I rally the team' I thought to myself.

I recently watched Jennifer Hudson singing the USA National Anthem at the Superbowl. The KCC do not have an equivalent 'tune' around which we can all rally. Now, the obvious one  -  Queen's 'We are the Champions' is OK if we keep winning. In the more likely event of  keep losing, perhaps Shaggy's 'It Wasn't me!'

Any road up, I throw it open to the club - perhaps an AGM item? - to identify an inspiring club Anthem. I'd be happy to belt it out at all home matches - pom poms included but not the short skirt!
We could have a sound clip attached to every blogg.

Come on Ken D!

No comments:

Post a Comment